Terry heads up the Trademark Practice Group, practices in all areas of trademark and copyright law.
Before joining Ruggiero IP, Terry was a partner at an IP boutique for many years and before that he was Trademark and Copyright Counsel for Verizon (NYNEX) Corporation. He has extensive experience counseling clients on all facets of protecting U.S. and foreign trademark portfolios, including: the availability and commercial advisability of proposed trademarks; all facets of trademark clearance, prosecution, infringement, licensing, domain name, and Internet & new media matters; and prosecuting and defending trademark opposition, infringement and domain name proceedings.
He is also experienced in handling copyright related matters, such as registration issues, ownership agreements, licenses and infringement/fair use issues.
- State University of New York at Cortland, BA, Political Science
- Pace University School of Law, JD
Publications and Lecture Experience
Terry has participated in numerous trademark and copyright programs for INTA, the Westchester-Fairfield Corporate Counsel Association and the Fairfield County Bar Association. He is a regular speaker for the quarterly Lee Hecht Harrison@Home Forum for Entrepreneurs, leading discussions on intellectual property issues for new start-up businesses. He also hosts INTA Roundtables for members on a variety of trademark related issues.
Terry has been a longstanding participant with Pro Bono Partnership Volunteer Attorneys Serving Nonprofits (located in White Plains, New York) by offering his services to Westchester based nonprofit businesses and organizations seeking advice and counsel on various IP related issues.
Admissions / Affiliations
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts, Southern District of New York / District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- New York State Bar Association,
- New Jersey State Bar Association,
- The Fairfield County Bar Association
- Copyright Society of the USA
- Pharmaceutical Trademark Group