Charlie’s expertise is in a wide range of intellectual property issues including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers and licensing, as well as patents, trade secrets, and the development and enforcement of intellectual property portfolios. Charlie’s present emphasizes is product patent clearances, litigation support and patent acquisitions, and has served as an expert in patent litigations.
Charlie’s experience includes in-house patent counsel positions at Crane Co. and Playtex Products.
Charlie has a wide range of technical experience that includes mechanical, chemical and bio areas.
Charlie provides his clients with the perspectives as in-house counsel in recognizing patent opportunities while avoiding infringement risks within budgetary requirements and as an outside counsel implementing patent opportunities.
In 2022, Charlie has again been selected as one of a handful of Super Lawyers for Intellectual Property in the State of Connecticut.
- Brooklyn Technical High School
- City College of New York, School of Engineering
- BME, Mechanical Engineering (5 year degree)
- John Marshall Law School, JD
- Member, John Marshall Law Review
- Member, John Marshall Gavel Society
Publications and Lecture Experience
- Charlie authored articles and publications on intellectual property law, and served as an Associate Editor of the Greenbook of the New York Intellectual Property Law Association.
- Charlie lectured on patent claim drafting for over a decade for Practicing Law Institute, on topics including Patent Claim Drafting and Advanced Patent Prosecution courses.
- Charlie has been a speaker at and a moderator of the Annual Joint Seminar presented by the New York/New Jersey/Connecticut/Pennsylvania Intellectual Property Law Associations; Westchester-Fairfield Corporate Counsel Association; Fairfield County Bar Association; Connecticut Intellectual Property Law Association; New York Intellectual Property Law Association; and various not-for-profit organizations.
- New York.
- Registered Attorney, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- U.S. District Courts, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York/District of Connecticut; Pro hac vice-District Courts throughout the U.S.
Affiliations /Officer positions
- Connecticut Intellectual Property Law Association, Board of Governors; past President
- Fairfield County Bar Association, Board member and past President, as well as past Chairman of its Intellectual Property Law Committee.
- Westchester-Fairfield Corporate Counsel Association (a chapter of ACCA), past Co-Chairman of the Intellectual Property Law Committee.
- Center for the Family Support (a not-for-profit organization for the developmentally disabled people), Board member.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA).
- International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (AIPPI).
- International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Greenwich Bar Association.
- New York State Bar Association.
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association.