Ned has extensive experience counseling clients on the drafting and prosecuting of patent applications, as well as various opinion matters, including preparing non-infringement, invalidity, and patentability opinions for a variety of national and international clients.
His practice is focused primarily on mechanical, electrical, manufacturing and related technologies, including glass and glass ceramics, medical devices, knitting and garment manufacture, refrigeration systems, rotorcraft control, power distribution systems, semiconductors, and various consumer products, and in various automotive parts, including transmission systems, steering systems, hybrid control systems, and airbag restraint systems.
Ned also has experience counseling clients in licensing and protection of patents, software, trade secrets, and trademarks.
Before joining the firm, Ned worked as an automatic and processing engineer for about ten years with a Fortune 500 medical device corporation.
Ned was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for his work in the field of Patent Law and achieved an AV® Preeminent™ ranking him at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Villanova University, BS, Mechanical Engineering, 1991
- University of Baltimore School of Law, JD, 1997
Admissions / Affiliations
- Registered Attorney, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- Connecticut Intellectual Property Law Association – Past President and Board Member