Mr. Roux has extensive experience in the prosecution of patents before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, which have included applications in plastics, pharmaceuticals, chemical engineering, materials handling, machinery for textile and plastics industries, vaccines, biotechnology, waste water/soil treatment and anti-viral and anti-bacterial drugs and processes for their preparation. He has been involved in many intellectual property litigations, including those involving pharmaceuticals, trademark infringement, counterfeiting, and unfair competition, textile machinery, construction materials, animal feeds, cosmetics, aircraft flight systems and components, and biotechnology. Mr. Roux is a trained mediator, and has served as a party-appointed neutral arbitrator and as counsel to parties involved in mediation and arbitration.
Mr. Roux has practiced Intellectual Property Law exclusively at various law firms in New York City and Connecticut, including 10 years as a partner in the Intellectual Property & Technology Group at Clifford Chance US LLP, before entering private practice. Mr. Roux has also served as General IP Counsel to a specialty chemical company.
- Hunter College, BA, Chemistry
- Polytechnic Institute of New York, MS, Polymer Chemistry
- St. John’s University, JD
Admissions / Affiliations
- Registered Attorney, United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- New York.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York, the Eastern District of New York, the District of Arizona, and the District of Colorado.
- New York State Bar Association (Intellectual Property Law Section, and DRS Section).
- New York Intellectual Property Law Associations.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association.