Steve has been an intellectual property law attorney since 2001. His practice encompasses patent, trademark and copyright prosecution, litigation, licensing and opinion work. Steve has extensive experience in the fields of: software patents, computer system, electrical and electronic devices, electrical connectors, light fixtures and lighting control systems, telecommunications systems, semi-conductors, electrical power generation and distribution systems, and imaging.
Steve has handled a wide range of intellectual property matters including the drafting and filing of hundreds of utility patent applications as well as handled many appeals to the PTAB including Post Grant proceedings. Steve has drafted and issued many non-infringement opinions, clearance opinions, and patentability opinions for multi-national corporations. He has also handled a wide range of intellectual property licenses, sales and acquisitions. Steve has extensive experience in intellectual property litigation matters including both bench and jury trials in the Federal Courts and has handled appeals to the CAFC.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Steve worked as an electrical engineer for 6 years designing electrical power, lighting, data communications systems and emergency systems for a consulting engineering firm.
- Fordham University School of Law, JD
- SUNY, Empire State College BPS, Electrical Engineering
Admissions / Affiliations
- Registered Attorney, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- State of Connecticut
- State of New York
- District of Columbia/li>
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Connecticut Intellectual Property Law Association