Joe’s practice is directed to all aspects of intellectual property law, with an emphasis on drafting and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications and preparing infringement, invalidity, freedom to operate and patentability opinions for a variety of national and international clients. He routinely advises clients on portfolio strategies. His areas of practice include the chemical, mechanical, and electrical arts, as well as related technologies for a variety of industries.
Joe has prior engineering experience in the electromechanical and automation industries where he worked on the design, manufacture, and development of high-speed pharmaceutical filling machines, conveyance systems for proprietary 3-D vision-based inspection systems, automated laboratory analytical medical devices, and high-speed battery filling and assembly machines. He also worked as process engineer in the steel manufacturing industry and served as an advisor to a startup focused on sustainable transit packaging technology.
During law school, Joe’s studies were concentrated on Intellectual Property and he served as an editor for the Review of Intellectual Property Law (RIPL). He also spent a summer studying Chinese Intellectual Property Law at Peking University in Beijing.
Joe is bilingual in English and Italian. His hobbies include photography, 3-D printing, and hiking.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University.
- J.D. The John Marshall Law School, now University of Illinois Chicago School of Law.
- LL.M. Intellectual Property Law, The John Marshall Law School, now University of Illinois Chicago School of Law.
- Registered Patent Attorney, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- State of Illinois
- Fairfield County Bar Association – Co-chair for the FCBA Media, Entertainment, and Intellectual Property Committee
- National Association of Patent Practitioners